Ipswich is the fastest growing city in Queensland with an annual growth rate of approx. 4.6% pa compared to Queensland's state average of approx. 1.7% (confirmed by OESR) By 2026 the economy is projected to be $12.7billion with a population of approx. 354,946.
Why do business in Ipswich? Why invest in Ipswich?
Ipswich City Council have recently undertaken comprehensive studies to cater and plan for, rather than react to this enormous challenge.
- Economic profile: this summarises Ipswich's current economic and demographic standing
- Economic and Development Plan: 2009 - 2011: this plan provides direction to key stakeholders and partners to support and build Ipswich's economic development over the next 20 years.
- Skilling Ipswich program: one of the 15 lead projects covering community skilling, industry sector skills strategies, Indigenous employment, expansion of education and training
- Info City Plan: Ipswich will be a leading digital community in Australia
- Rural Industries Plan: this supports the development of a vibrant high value rural industries sector to add diversity to the economy, generate tourism and lifestyle and protects and retains good quality agricultural land
Ipswich is strategically positioned
- Centrally located on national road networks
- 45 minute drive to downtown Brisbane
- 60 minute drive to both domestic and international air and sea ports
- Convenient access to both the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast
- Electric rail to Brisbane and the Gold Coast
- Easy access to capital city facilities
Diverse extensive opportunities for growth and prosperity - professional services, finance, business, education, health and community - plus aerospace, manufacturing, food processing, wine, transport, tourism, motorsport.
Currently 15 Industrial/Commercial Parks plus 11 more in the early stages of development
Why invest in Ipswich?
- Existing comprehensive skill base and employment opportunity
- Modern infrastructure
- Attractive lifestyle
- Eventful Ipswich
- Residential Development eg $19 billion greater Springfield Development and Ripley Valley development
- Ipswich is undergoing unprecedented growth in both jobs and residential development - the Ipswich City Council have invested heavily in the redevelopment of the Ipswich CBD to create high quality living and working conditions (refer: Leighton's ICON Ipswich CBD redevelopment Project (www.propertyoz.com.au - Leighton's latest development is iconic of Ipswich growth)